Thursday, March 8, 2012

Doing Dallas


15 hours stuck in the middle of the very last row of a 747 is a special kind of hell alright, but we managed to make it to the other side fairly unscathed. Predictably, I only got an hour of shut eye, but just like last year, I got through a tonne of films, including The Descendants and 50/50.

Can I just call it? From now on, any movie that is to be set in Seattle is required to end with Yellow Ledbetter as the credits start to roll. So good. And The Descendants should have won best picture. Both films dealt with death in an incredibly honest way but my god, Descendants kinda blew me away..

So Dallas, what can I say about Dallas.. I'm surprised it is raining here but I'm also hearing that it has been torrential in Sydney town since we left too. The hotel we're staying downtown on Elm St, has a really cool 9th floor pool deck - check out the panoramic view: http://360.io/vcThRV

In other news, just heard that the Laneway Festival guys are hosting some bands again at SXSW. At the same party last year, I managed to discover excellent bands like Givers and Twin Shadow. This year's line up is again looking great and you should expect a bunch of them to be added to the 2013 Laneway list. Takes place at Mohawk on Wed 14 March. Bands are:

Blood Orange
Chairlift
Clock Opera
Django Django
DZ Deathrays
Husky
Kindness
Twerps
Zulu Winter
+ one other _special_ guest

More here: http://sydney.lanewayfestival.com.au/news/announcing-our-second-annual-sxsw-party/

No comments:

Post a Comment